Collaton farmhouse is a Grade ll listed building, built in 1844 and occupying the site of an ancient settlement which dates back at least to the C16 when it was the home of the Pomeroy family. The farmhouse incorporates many features salvaged from earlier structures such as the huge granite fire surround in the living room, a three bay granite mullioned window to the kitchen, a Jacobean staircase, oak panelling and the large studded back door in a granite arch.
Externally there is a lawned garden partly enclosed by ancient stone walls which bear witness to the earlier settlement with stone arches and blocked up openings. There is a sunny terrace with roses and wisteria climbing over the front elevation of the house.
The house has been fully refurbished attention has been paid to sustainability by careful choice of a high efficency condensing boiler to run the central heating and a wood burning cooking range in the kitchen which also contributes to the provision of domestic hot water.
The rooms are generously proportioned and the accommodation sleeps 6 comprising:-
Double bedroom with built in wardrobe overlooking the garden and with views to woods beyond.
Ethernet broadband connection point
Double bedroom overlooking the garden
Twin bedroom with built in wardrobe
Quiet area on first floor landing with ethernet broadband connection point and easy chair.
Luxury family bathroom with bath, and separate shower and underfloor heating.
Large comfortable living room with wood burning stove, period details and oak floor. There is a TV, DVD player and CD/Radio with serving ceiling mounted speakers in the living room and kitchen
Farmhouse style fully fitted kitchen with slate floor, large dining table, microwave, dishwasher, electric oven and ceramic hob, larder and range cooker.
Dogs may be accommodated in the Farmhouse by arrangement.
Paved courtyard to rear with roses and a mature vine, leading to the Utility room with washing machine and WC